Saturday, March 17, 2012

Thanks for looking us up!

Gloveinkstudio.com is currently undergoing a face lift and so I have directed the traffic over here to my blogspot account.  Unfortunately this account has been neglected of late and needs some help in getting up to date.

So in an attempt to appease those who have posted here and have not gotten a response and to those who are new...lets start back at the beginning. Here is a commissioned piece for a client to use in the table-top war game.

Here are some pictures that document the starting point with the armature and the sculpting process after. I will post the various stages of the build and elaborate a little on the process. 

Thanks again for the interest and please check back as I will start to post more on the past projects that are shown as well as the current projects in the works.

-j



Here is the armature that I constructed out out particle board and wire. The wood allowed me a nice way to flesh out the body without using a lot of clay and the white material is floral tape that I used to give me a base to start building up the clay on this beastie.










I used a variety of sculpey I had on hand to to flesh it out, hence all the various colors on him at this point. On this project I wasn't given a lot to go off and so it was a really great opportunity to let loose and just let this creature come to life.










Here is the finished sculpt that is getting fitted with his harness for the howdah.











The howdah was by far the most time consuming effort on this piece.
It is constructed out of wooden dowel sticks and twine and a wide variety of string. 








No comments:

Post a Comment